Information on cancer for patients and families
Fighting disease, fighting poverty, giving hope
This short series of chapters will provide you with basic information about cancer. You can read them in sequence, or jump straight to any chapter as follows:
- What is Cancer?
- Treatment of Cancer
- How do I take care of my body during cancer?
- How do I cope with cancer?
- Further Resources (This page)
(Work in progress. Please refer to this page.)
These chapters are based on the document “What is cancer? Information on cancer for patients and family” by Diane Mariah-Singh, Department of Social Work and Elisabeth Raymakers, Department of Physiotherapy, Grey’s Hospital, Pietermaritzburg, KZN, South Africa.
We thank the authors for allowing us to use their work for the benefit of cancer patients.
Special thanks to:
- Dr Henriette Burger, editor
- Alta Nel, translation into Afrikaans
- Arina Wilson, translation into Xhosa
- Linda Greeff, from Cancercare by GVI oncology
Page last updated: October 2018