National Policy Framework and Strategy for Palliative Care 2017-2022
The Cancer Alliance today releases the third in its series on the new National Policy Framework and Strategy for Palliative Care 2017-2022 – Section 3: Cancer and Children.
Today’s release covers the new policy as it applies to children with cancer, including their caregivers and families:
- What is Palliative Care?
- Is Palliative Care different for children with cancer?
- Special challenges associated with children with cancer.
- How Palliative Care will help your child.
- What does South Africa’s new National Policy Framework and Strategy on Palliative Care 2017 – 2022 mean for you as a cancer patient?
- What does it say about children?.
It is also essential that the government drives the initiative, and ensures that the policy remains an active document to guide provincial strategy to implement its content, and ensures that the policy is adequately funded and healthcare workers are trained accordingly.
Click here to go directly to this new section: Palliative Care Policy: Cancer and Children.