National Policy Framework and Strategy for Palliative Care 2017-2022
The Cancer Alliance today releases the second in its series on the new National Policy Framework and Strategy for Palliative Care 2017-2022 – Section 2: Adults with Cancer.
Today’s release covers the new policy as it applies to Adults with Cancer, including their Caregivers and Families:
- What is Palliative Care?, and who needs it.
- How will Palliative Care help you?
- What does South Africa’s new National Policy Framework and Strategy on Palliative Care 2017 – 2022 mean for you as a cancer patient?
- The six basic models of Palliative Care that must be provided; as well as Medication, Counselling and Access to other therapies and transport;
- And why Palliative Care is so important.
It is also essential that the government drives the initiative, and ensures that the policy remains an active document to guide provincial strategy to implement its content, and ensures that the policy is adequately funded and healthcare workers are trained accordingly.